Homegrown e-wallet now offers bigger rewards, better savings and a new payment service
Kuala Lumpur, 30 October – Homegrown and leading lifestyle e-wallet Boost introduced three new and upgraded features – BoostUP, its new rewards programme, CashUp, a new savings feature for online shopping and UnionPay QR, which allows users to use their Boost e-wallets at UnionPay International (UPI) merchants nationwide and soon globally. The new features will give everyone a better reason to go cashless and seamlessly transact while enjoying a more rewarding cashless experience.
“Today is an important day for us as it sets the tone for the next phase of Boost. We are making our famous Shake Rewards even more rewarding. BoostUP is designed to gift loyal users a more comprehensive and exciting set of prizes, unforgettable lifestyle experiences on top of cashback.
“CashUp is a new savings feature that gives a boost to the online shopping experience, where users can automatically enjoy cashback from our online retail partners. Both BoostUP and CashUp function on a simple mechanism where the more you perform transactions with Boost, the more rewards you earn all while providing users with a safe and convenient way to transact.
“The UnionPay QR payment service, on the other hand, is a new feature that will give consumers more options and greater accessibility to go cashless with ease in Malaysia and soon at 11 million UnionPay QR merchants across 31 countries. This will hopefully further encourage new and existing users to make going cashless a natural part of their daily lifestyle,” said Mohd Khairil Abdullah, CEO of Boost.
Boost e-wallet started 2 years ago with an aim to revolutionize the way Malaysians transact daily and to solve cash-related pain points consumers experience everydya. Fast forward to today, Boost has achieved many significant milestones – from enabling users to pay for on-street and gated parking, utility bills, buy pre-paid top-ups, order food delivery and roadside assistant services, book and purchase public transport tickets, make e-donations as well as provide micro-financing and micro-insurance solutions to merchants. It has also powered 24 cashless campuses and 120 religious institutions across the country. To date, it has over 4.8 million users with the widest nationwide coverage of around 115,000 merchants.
The three new upgraded features are:
1) BoostUP – Stepping up from the much-loved Shake Rewards, BoostUP is a rewards programme that will now allow users to enjoy more exciting rewards starting 1 November. Just by performing regular daily transactions, users can earn coins and Shake rewards. The Shake rewards are now bigger and better in which users can get extra coins, exciting prizes or Golden tickets. The more you spend with Boost, the more coins you earn which can be used to redeem prizes including premium gadgets, entertainment and gaming content, cashback, vouchers and many more from the rewards catalogue. Golden tickets earn users unforgettable once-in-a-lifetime experiences that include a Mediterranean cruise, a day out with an A-list celebrity, a romantic getaway at Pangkor Laut Resort, exclusive VIP access to movie premiers or enjoy the thrills of extreme sports overseas.
To kick off, we are giving out rewards and prizes worth RM8 million including fuel vouchers up for grabs in addition to exclusive benefits just by flashing the Boost app at selected partners in F&B, retail and airport lounges.
Some examples of prizes from the rewards catalogue:
2) CashUp – A savings feature curated specially for online shopaholics, there are over 100 international and local online retailers such as Shopee, Zalora, Lazada, Malaysia Airlines, AirAsia, Klook, Sephora, JD Sports, Kinokuniya, Amazin’ Graze and counting under this rewards plan. Users can easily earn cashback of up to 13.5% from their favourite online retailers when utilizing the CashUp feature.
Users can track cashback earned through the CashUp page in the Boost app. After online merchants validate the transaction, users can transfer earnings directly into their Boost e-wallet and continue shopping. CashUp is available from the 2nd week of November onwards.
3) UnionPay QR Payment Service – Boost users can now pay at any UnionPay QR merchants in Malaysia, giving consumers more options and accessibility to go cashless. The partnership officially kicks off in Malaysia and with this payment service, Boost will have a total of almost 125,000 merchants nationwide. Boost also has expansion plans to allow users to pay with Boost at 11 million UnionPay QR merchants across 31 countries in the near future.
This service is available 1 November onwards. Until 31 December 2019, users will be able to earn an instant RM 3 cashback upon activation of the UnionPay QR payment service in their Boost e-wallet. With a minimum spend of RM 300 at these UPI merchants – Duty Free, Dimensi Exklusif, Colours and Fragrance – within any airport in the country, users will earn an instant cashback of RM30.
– END –
Boost is a homegrown lifestyle e-wallet that aims to revolutionise the way consumers transact on a daily basis. Combining lifestyle needs and cutting-edge digital technology, Boost strives to make transactions easier, faster, more secure & overall a more rewarding experience for consumers.
Boost officially launched in January 2017 as a platform that digitised one of the telco’s core services – the way prepaid users top up their mobile credit. Boost allows users to pay via their mobile phone at participating locations without the hassle of using physical cash or cards. Over 4.8 million Boost users can now pay at more than 114,000 merchant touchpoints nationwide.
Key features include:
- User rewards through BoostUP
- Savings for online shopping through CashUp (coming soon – 2nd week of November)
- Pay at UnionPay QR merchants in Malaysia
- Paying utility bills with partners such as Telekom Malaysia, Astro and Syabas
- Paying for on-street and gated parking
- Order roadside assistance and car maintenance services
- Booking and buying public transport rides on KLIA Ekspress, KTM intercity, EzCab, CatchThatBus and Firefly
- ● Cashless donations to several organizations #DoGoodwithBoost
- Buying and gifting digital vouchers for online merchants, F&B outlets, entertainment, health & beauty
- Splitting bills through unique feature “Go Dutch”
- Buying prepaid top up
- Free money transfers
- Food Delivery through DeliverEat, dahmakan and eatigo
Users can download Boost from the Google Play Store and App Store.
For media inquiries, kindly contact
+6017 607 5905